PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP PARKS AND RECREATION
Plainfield Township is rich with lakes, rivers, and woodlands. The Parks and Recreation Commission wishes to preserve these natural features and allow residents and visitors to take advantage of the recreational opportunities they provide.
Below is a list of our Township Public Parks.
There are several other public recreational facilities in Plainfield Township that are worth observing when considering what is available in the area.
• Round Lake Campground & Boat Launch – U.S. Forest Service
• Londo Lake East Park Boat Launch
• American Legion Park – 2 ball fields and 2 soccer fields
• Rollways Park – U.S. Forest Service
• South Branch Trail Camp – U.S. Forest Service
• Hale School District – playgrounds, football, softball and baseball field
• Corsair Trail – U.S. Forest Service
• Riding and hiking trail on the west side of the Ausable River
• Iosco County Fairgrounds – located adjacent to the Township Park. Has race track, exhibition buildings and barns.
Huron National Forest covers large portions of Plainfield Township. It covers approximately 75% of the southeast part of the township (Town 24 N, Range 5 E) and 50% of the northern part of the township (Town 23 N, Range 6 E). Within the National Forest there are many miles of snowmobile and ORV trails.
THE HURON-MANISTEE NATIONAL FORESTS
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES DESIGNATED SNOWMOBILE TRAILS IOSCO COUNTY
|Township Hall Park||8 acres||Recreational Facilities:
Senior Citizens Retirees Center
1 Basketball Courts
Picnic Tables and Grills
2 Tennis Courts
|Londo Lake West Park||1.64 acres||Recreational Facilities:
picnic area with grills
|Jose Lake Beach||.5 acres||Recreational Facilities:
|Chain Lake Beach||.5 acres||Recreational Facilities:
|Loon Lake Park||1.19 acres||Recreational Facilities:
|Long Lake Park & Boat Launch||Recreational Facilities:
|Loon Lake||12 acres||Recreational Facilities:
We have completed the Loon Lake Nature Park and invite all residents to stop and walk the trails