Plainfield Township Planning and Parks and Recreation Commission
October 12th 2022
1. Called to order by Olmstead at 6:30p.m.
2. Pledge of allegiance was said by all present.
3. Roll Call:
a. Present: Houthoofd,Barclay,Toth,Alward
b. Absent: Olmstead, Johnson, McDonnell
c. Note: Patrick Ready, as guest and scribe
d. 2 guests in attendance.
4. Approval of Agenda: Motion by Houthoofd, to approve the agenda. Motion carried by
voice, all ayes.
5. Approval of Minutes: Motion Houthoofd approve the September, 2022 minutes.
Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
6. Township board report: Houthoofd – Rowe was hired for Pickleball design, Dump card
price increase meeting, remember to vote on November 8th
7. ZBA Report: Toth: Meeting on 10/21/2022 at 4:00 for a garage setback on burnside ave
and riley road. Date on agenda was incorrect, it is not 10/22/2022
8. New Business:
a. Colonial complex provided a drawing of the proposed storage unit building and a
sketch of the area, Tria Coleman was on conference call to answer questions.
Motion by Toth and second by Barclay, all ayes for Colonial complex to proceed with
storage units, still subject to final building placement to meet zoning and a plan
review for the actual building.
b. Matthews saw mill adding dwellings, 4 proposed mobile type housing units that
will be used for employee housing. See attached drawing.
Motion by Alward second by Barlcay for Lisa Matthews to move forward with
project, still subject to final zoning and building permit applications
9. Old Business: Ordinance #40, possible adding a blight officer to the building dept.
10. General Discussion and Public Comments:
a. Fred Boynton asked if the Loon lake beach park could be surveyed, loon lake
park had some individuals build a fort like structure near the water.
b. Fred Boynton also brought up the loon lake access at Browns landing off
Shellenbarger road, he state the road commission was going to maintain the
launch. Motion by Houthoofd second by Alward to adjourn7: 08 Motion carried by voice, all
Minutes submitted by Patrick Ready
Planning and P & R Commission October