Plainfield Township Planning and Parks and Recreation Commission
December 14, 2022
- Called to order by Olmstead at 6:30p.m.
- Pledge of allegiance was said by all present.
- Roll Call:
a. Present: McDonell, Alward, Toth, Barclay,Houthoofd, Olmstead, Johnson
- Guest: Ready
- Approval of Agenda: Motion by Houthoofd, seconded by McDonell to approve the
agenda. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Approval of Minutes: Motion by Houthoofd,, seconded byBarclay to approve the
correctedNovember 9, 2022 minutes. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Township board report:Houthoofd–
a. Reviewing Gypsy Moth survey
- ZBA Report: Toth: There will be a hearing for a garage and there is an issue with an
accessory building and their attorney has been
- Shut down meeting for public review:
a. Public comment:
b. Roger motioned to close meeting and resume meeting.
c. Motion: Houthoofd motion to accept resolution to accept Recreation Plan.
Support Toth: Motion carried by roll call, all ayes.
- New Business:
a. Loon Lake Township Dock: Recommend to board to look into dock.
b. Minimum residential side yard discussion: 10% of lot width for set. 10 foot is
fire code. Lots of 70 foot cannot be less than 4 feet. Making a number of non-
conforming lots. ICC fire code. 4 hour rated fire assembly and fire rated roof. 10
on one side and 4 on other side.Review again in January. Change ZBA wording
- Old Business:
a. Signage and blight: picking up signs. The county has a grant for $200000 for
blight. Goal for three houses. Jan 31 is deadline.
- General Discussion and Public Comments: Merry Christmas
a. Motion by Alward, second by McDonell to adjourn 7:16Motion carried by voice, all