Plainfield Township Planning and Parks and Recreation Commission
July 13, 2022
- Called to order by Olmstead at 6:30p.m.
- Pledge of allegiance was said by all present.
- Roll Call:
a. Present: McDonell, Houthoofd, Alward, Toth, Olmstead, Barclay
b. Absent: Johnson
c. Note: Patrick Ready, and 5guests.
- Approval of Agenda: Motion by Houthoofd, seconded by Toth to approve the agenda as Amended. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Approval of Minutes: Motion by Toth, seconded byMcDonellto approve the June 8, 2022 minutes. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Township board report:Houthoofd– Primary election coming up August 2, remember to get an absentee ballot
- ZBA Report: Meeting coming up on Friday
- New Business:
a. Sunshine motors: Westside is doing all their repairs, Cars, side by sides and small boats for sale. 22 spaces on site plan. Pack rock parking lot by M-65 and will return to board if any changes or additions to business.Motion to accept the Site Plan by Olmstead, seconded by Toth. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Old Business:
a. Completed surveys coming in for Master Plan, need to get more public comment this month
b. June 18 Boat Wash at Long Lake Launch: 3 boats went through with a number of people stopping by to pick up information
c. Trailside Food Court: Motion to accept the site plan for food trailer and entertainment with in guidelines of Ordinance 40by Olmstead, seconded by McDonell. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
d. West Londo Lake Pavilion request: Updated guests to collect proof of funds, documentation from Lake Association, bid and site plan to present to Township and County for grant application.
- General Discussion and Public Comments:
a. Outside pickleball players asked for 3 nets and somewhere to store the nets. Already sent to Supervisor.
b. Project for winter to discuss fence and video surveillance ordinances. Fence on Kokosing due to a video camera aimed at residence
c. Signs are being taken down at Putnam and Esmond. To many signs are a distraction and have been a safety issue at accident scenes.
d. Reports that someone is living at Putnam beach on Loon Lake
e. State Police approved detachment in Hale
f. Cemetery looks great!
g. Dump is getting full and concerns noted about who uses
Motion by Houthoofd, second by Alwardto adjourn7:24Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
Minutes submitted by Cheryl McDonell
Approved: Date_________________ _________________