Minutes of Plainfield Township Planning and Parks and Recreation Commission
June 8, 2022
- Called to order by Olmstead at 6:30p.m.
- Pledge of allegiance was said by all present.
- Roll Call:
a. Present: McDonell, Johnson, Houthoofd, Alward, Toth, Olmstead, Barclay
c. Note: Patrick Ready, and 6 guests.
- Approval of Agenda: Motion by Houthoofd, seconded by Toth to approve the agenda as Amended. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Approval of Minutes: Motion by Johnson, seconded byHouthoofd to approve the May 11, 2022 minutes. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Township board report: Houthoofd – Waste site had new concrete pad put in, report that Long Lake Park was vandalized the night before by motorcycles
- ZBA Report: No meeting
- New Business:
a. Trailside Food Court: Owner will bring site plan to next month’s meeting
b. West Londo Lake Pavilion request: Motionby Olmstead, seconded by Barclay to take request to the board to build a pavilion at West Londo Lake Park. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
c. Colenso garage set back discussion. Recommended that the property owner get a survey to determine where the road right of way is.
d. Firehall and playground discussion. Motion by Toth and seconded by McDonell to put out bids for a pad for 4 pickle ball courts with basketball hoops and a dome for year round use. Also request a budget to purchase more playground equipment. Motion carried by voice, all ayes. Action plan: catalogs for committee to review equipment at next meeting
- Old Business:
a. Completed surveys coming in for Master Plan. Action Plan:Need to put on Township website and Facebook
b. June 18 Boat Wash at Long Lake Launch
- General Discussion and Public Comments:
Motion by Toth, second by Houthoofd to adjourn7:30Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
Minutes submitted by Cheryl McDonell
Approved: Date_________________ _________________