Plainfield Township Planning and Parks and Recreation Commission
May 11, 2022
- Called to order by Olmstead at 6:30p.m.
- Pledge of allegiance was said by all present.
- Roll Call:
a. Present: McDonell, Johnson, Houthoofd, Alward, Toth, Olmstead, Barclay
c. Note: Patrick Ready, guest.
- Approval of Agenda: Motion by Houthoofd, seconded by McDonell to approve the agenda as Amended. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Approval of Minutes: Motion by Johnson, seconded byAlward to approve the April 13th, 2022 minutes. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Township board report:Houthoofd– Gypsy moth spray at the beginning of the month. MSP is waiting for approval from Lansing to use both rooms. Roof will be fixed at Eagle Pointe, gym will be new rest will be repaired.
- ZBA Report: No meeting
- New Business:
a. Shorts digital sign: MDOT approved
b. Savin 80 x 82 cold storage building: Building a new building next to existing building, owns a dredging business, spray drones also.
- Old Business:
a. Spicer, survey review: Next Tuesday Spicer is hosting team meeting1 pm at Eagle Pointe Plaza. Motion:Houthoofdand Johnson to accept the survey with corrections and deletions and the addition of a map of the township.
b. Park Spring 2022 activities: Scavenger Hunt: maybe the evening of the Run Like Hale, Harvest Wine Walk in fall. Homecoming weekend, cornhole cider taste.
- General Discussion and Public Comments:
a. Mr. Russo purchased Londo Lake Store, hoping to open May 20. No gas, propane and rec fuel. Live bait.
b. Carwash, dumped stone, water dumping into storm drain
Motion by Toth, second by Houthoofd to adjourn7:30Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
Minutes submitted by Cheryl McDonell
Approved: Date_________________ _________________