Minutes of Plainfield Township Planning Commission
Regular meeting March 10, 2021
- Called to order by Chair Olmstead at 7:00p.m.
- Pledge of allegiance was said by all present.
- Roll Call:
- Present: Toth, Johnson, Olmstead, Houthoofd, McDonell, Alward, Szafran
- Absent: None
- Note: Ready is attending as guest. Skyler Lauria as Hale High School Liaison
- Approval of Agenda: Motion by McDonell, seconded by Toth to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Approval of Minutes: Motion by Houthoofd, seconded by Alward to approve the January 13, 2021 minutes. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- New Business:
- Motion by Houthoofd, seconded by Johnson to approve site plan for Holiday Fireworks from 7 June 2021 – 11 July 2021. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Planning Commission agreed to consider Parks and Recreation assignment and would like the Township Board to put together details of proposal.
- Reviewed Master Plan: Motion by Johnson, seconded by Alward To move ahead and schedule public hearing. Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
- Introduction of Skyler Lauria as Hale High School Liaison
- Old Business:
- Sign committee will spend afternoon with Ready to discuss issues with sign ordinance also state sign ordinance has been ordered, Tawas is currently reviewing their sign ordinance
- General discussion and public comments:
- Ready distributed maps of new road names on Loon Lake
Motion by Alward, second by Toth to adjourn 7:55 Motion carried by voice, all ayes.
Minutes submitted by Cheryl McDonell